Account Director – Video Marketing Agency job, Cape Town, Remote
|Remuneration:||negotiable cost for the company|
|Advantages:||In the cost package for the company|
|Location:||Cape Town, distant|
|Remote work:||Optional remote work allowed|
Managing campaigns from conception to completion, you work with a team of account managers to meet the client brief. You are responsible for managing the business to deliver quality creative work that meets client needs. In partnership with the Business Unit Manager, your primary role is to ensure that client goals and requirements are well understood, that internal teams are aligned and delivering on time, and that excellent results are produced. . You will contribute to long-term customer partnerships through exceptional customer service and exceptional customer communication.
In this exciting role of Account Director, you will help the team of strategic client partners to increase the size of overall advertising spend in the FMCG category. You will also support the Business Unit Manager with ±10 client partners and be responsible for helping grow this volume of business. The ideal candidate is driven by efficiency, passionate about the power of large-scale communications to truly change the world, has an eye for detail and maintains product, business efficiency and helps ensure their digital leadership remains at the forefront of what its client partners expect from us.
The company has big dreams: to become the largest social video publisher in the world. They are a group of thoughtful, committed people who are dedicated to improving the lives of their customers by creating content that people really care about. They have a simple formula: the more their audience likes their videos, the more their clients’ marketing goals are achieved, the more rewarding and useful their work becomes. If you’re passionate about brands, love a fast-paced environment, and want to challenge yourself to learn and grow in a high performing team, we’d love to hear from you.
Manage the client brief
- Write client briefs and ensure internal teams understand requirements
- You create energy, enthusiasm and alignment internally around the client brief.
Supervise the production process
- Make sure we are on track to deliver the product and get paid on time
- Ensure the daily follow-up of the operational teams until the delivery of a client brief
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders on progress
- Take charge of your account finances and ensure CEs and billings are completed on time as directed by the finance team.
Keep the client informed and produce client reports
- Craft well-thought-out email communication with clients, communicate updates, tactical ideas and report back to client on results
- Coordinate with data science team to produce client reports and build report narrative to resonate with client
- Ensure that the client is satisfied with the results and services provided.
Sales growth support
- Proactively generate insights and touchpoints to generate customer love
- Creative brainstorming and ideation support for proactive client presentations
- Identify and maximize new business growth in collaboration with the Business Lead and the client
- Participate in client pitches, QBRs and status meetings
- Stay abreast of market developments, trends and innovation to identify potential opportunities for our business and your customers.
Feeding Account Managers
- Lead and direct the activities of Account Managers on a day-to-day basis
- Coach, develop and act as a layer of support for Account Managers – help them learn the skills needed to take them to the next level and provide them with the experiences they need to put those skills to the test.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Industry relevant qualification
- 3-5 years of work experience in an agency environment
- Solid track record of performance and commitment to excellence
- Proficient in math and working with numbers
- Computer skills: MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong organizational skills – Attention to detail is key
- A strong appetite for consultative selling and increasing ad spend through upselling your ideas
- A passion for advertising as a career, not a job
- Strong track record of high performance – assertive and confident
- Customer-focused – always keep customer interests in mind
- Strong team player with superior collaboration skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Shows accountability and meets deadlines
- Strong attention to detail – highly organized and adept at managing multiple projects
- Solution-oriented – Proactively seeks solutions with a positive attitude
- Resilient – Is able to overcome adversity
- Great communication skills
- Passionate about what you do – be the company’s best brand guardian
- Ability to remain calm in a pressurized environment
If you do not receive a response within 10 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
VGP Recruitment is a recruitment agency specializing in the advertising, marketing, media, creative, digital, public relations/communications and publishing sectors.
Posted Aug 15 12:48 PM, Closing date Oct 14