All existing interstate power lines are mapped on the PM GatiShakti portal, according to the Department of Energy, Energy News, ET EnergyWorld

New Delhi: All existing interstate transmission system lines have been mapped on the PM GatiShakti National Master Plan Portal which was launched in October 2021 to boost infrastructure development in the country. “In line with Prime Minister GatiShakti’s objective, all existing lines of the Interstate Transmission System (ISTS) have been mapped on the portal covering the length and breadth of the country,” said a statement from the ministry of state. Energy.

In addition, he said that 90% of the ISTS lines under construction have been integrated into the portal and the remaining 10% are to be integrated after the route study is finalized by the respective transport service providers.

The PM GatiShakti NMP Portal will ultimately help solve infrastructure development challenges in the country by creating a secure, sustainable, scalable and collaborative approach to infrastructure planning for seamless connectivity to economic zones, he said.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched PM GatiShakti NMP in October last year with the aim of bringing together different government ministries/departments and infrastructure planning under a single unified vision across all sectors such as highways, roads iron, aviation, gas, electricity transmission and renewable energies.

The PM GatiShakti NMP Portal provides a “one-click comprehensive view” to direct and simplify the planning and implementation process by reducing the time and cost of implementation in power transmission projects, the statement said. .

In the development of power transmission projects, the statement said, the PM GatiShakti NMP portal will play a vital role in the planning, bidding, implementation and approval stages.

At the planning stage, the user should identify the tentative line and the length of the planned transmission line and the location of the substation(s).

At the bidding stage, the survey agency will use the portal to identify the best technical-economic route.

During the implementation phase, based on the actual conditions, the finalization of the route of the transmission line and the location of the substation should be carried out. Finally, an approval stage is being considered for one-stop customs clearance, he added.

The Prime Minister’s call for “one sun, one world, one grid” has set the tone for a strong and reliable transmission system that will support India’s renewable energy (RE) ambitions while complementing the growth of renewable energy globally. Power transmission has been a catalyst in the history of renewable energy and various key energy projects enable the evacuation of renewable energy across the country.

Among these projects, the Ministry of Energy has undertaken 9 high-impact power projects (10 transmission lines) covering over 6 RE-rich states viz. Rajasthan, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu, the ministry said.

The required details of the projects have been mapped in the portal, creating a separate layer of ISTS transmission lines incorporating basic details like line route, tower location, substation location and the name of the owner, he said.


Source link

Comments are closed.