Investment Project Estimator – New York, NY, USA | Works
Title: Capital Projects Estimator – Multiple Positions
NYC Parks is an award-winning city agency that designs and builds public spaces for New Yorkers to connect, play and have fun. These public spaces, representing 30,000 acres or 14% of the city’s territory, include natural areas, parks, playgrounds, beaches, ball diamonds, basketball courts, sports fields and swimming pools. .
New York City is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment based on any legally protected status. or any protected characteristic, including, but not limited to, an individual’s gender, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
- Under the direction of the Assistant Manager of Capital Estimating, perform quantitative estimates and prepare full labor, equipment and material costs for in-house designed landscape architecture projects for the capital projects division. Typical project scopes include reconstruction and new development of parks, playgrounds, athletic fields, athletic fields, field lighting, fencing, green infrastructure, storm water management and riparian structures.
- Work with landscape architects to align project scope and estimates at multiple stages throughout the design process to ensure projects stay within allocated budgets.
- Research and develop unit costs for various standard and custom fleet construction elements using specialized estimating software.
- Review project costs prepared by design consultants and recommend changes, if necessary.
- Prepare new needs estimates for potential project sites to facilitate Agency requests for capital-funded improvements to park assets.
- Formulate independent cost estimates for construction change order work.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in landscape architecture from an accredited college or university, accredited by regional, national, professional, or specialty agencies recognized as accrediting bodies by the US Secretary of Education and the Council of Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and one year of satisfactory full-time experience in landscape architecture and one year of satisfactory full-time experience in landscape architecture; Where
- A valid registration in New York as a landscape architect.
To note: Out-of-state registered landscape architects are welcome to apply provided New York State reciprocal registration is obtained prior to hiring.
This position is exempt from New York residency requirements
- A thorough understanding of general construction pricing.
- Ability to accurately read construction documents and specifications.
- A thorough understanding of applicable wage laws and other applicable City procurement rules and regulations.
- Experience with Sage-Timberline estimating software. Strong computer skills including AutoCAD.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Valid driver’s license in the State of New York.
Vaccination requirement: As of August 2, 2021, all new recruits must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered municipal employment, this requirement must be met at the time of your hire, unless a reasonable accommodation exemption is received and approved by the hiring agency.
Salary: $57,058 – $85,646
Workplace: Center of Olmstead, Queens
How to register: Go to nyc.gov/careers/search and search Job ID #535775.
Parks and city employees: Include your ERN on your cover letter.
References will be required upon request.
TELECOMMUNICATIONS DEVICE FOR THE DEAF: (212) 504-4115