Job Captain – Palo Alto, CA, US | Works
M. Designs Architects is an award-winning architectural firm, located in the heart of Silicon Valley. Our portfolio includes sustainable custom homes, purpose built homes, multi-unit residences and small to mid-sized commercial projects.
We are looking for a Job Captain who would represent the company to the client and provide assistance to the directors and other designers and architects in the company. The main responsibilities of this position include:
- Assist lead architects in maintaining team organization by planning and directing the various phases of the project
- Ensure compliance of construction documents and details to meet code and best practices.
- Review accuracy of calculations, square footage, building code, zoning and compliance with municipal ordinances, completed plans and reports
- Assist with multiple aspects of client, project and general contractors coordination, including full coordination of documentation with structural, MEP, lighting, AV, landscape and civil consultants
- Coordinate development of design and construction documents across multiple projects
- Coordinate with the project team, including architects, draftsmen and consultants, to meet scheduled deliverables
- Supervise the technical work of production staff and revise their drawings
- Develop project design budgets and schedules
- Be the project coordinator for clients for construction administration support
Required Skills :
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of construction document production and detail
- Mastery of Revit with more than 5 years of experience essential
- Experience with AutoCAD, Sketchup, MS Office (Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel),
- More than 10 years of experience within an architecture or design company as a project architect or project manager
- 4-5 year professional college diploma in architecture highly preferred
- Ability to lead, coach and coordinate project team work efforts
- Be comfortable in a support role and have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Experience coordinating projects including full coordination of documentation with structural, MEP, lighting, audio visual, landscape and civil consultants
- Knowledge of California building codes, standards and building structure
We offer a competitive salary, healthcare plan, annual bonus/opportunity to participate in company profit sharing, a simple matching IRA, and a chance to be part of a top-tier architectural firm of Silicon Valley.
Job type: Full time
- Architecture / Design: 5 years + (Preferred)
Job type: Full time
Salary: $85,000.00 – $105,000.00 per year
View your application history
Back to task list…