Project Manager – San Francisco, CA, USA | Works
San Francisco, California, United StatesLocation:
Thu 10 March ’22Posted on:
PROJECT MANAGER (Posts in SF and LA)
Blitz provides the full range of architectural services needed to move a project from planning to construction. Our team of architects and interior and graphic designers work together to create thoughtful design solutions with technical rigor.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for talented project managers who want to shape the future of commercial design. Our ideal candidate has excellent technical skills, gets along well with others, handles deadlines like a boss, and works hard. We love the power of a great idea and are looking for “builders” not carpenters.
Blitz Project Managers work on multiple projects and are responsible for directing and managing design teams through all phases of the project, providing design decision-making and leadership. They are involved in client interactions and consultant coordination and are responsible for overseeing production and maintaining project budgets, work plans, internal budgets and schedules. A small portion of the role is dedicated to new business development (mainly client interviews). Project managers are responsible for retaining customers once they are won through careful customer relationship building.
- Full-time employees receive four weeks of PTO (including the week between Christmas and New Years when the business is closed).
- Nine days of paid vacation.
- Flexible working hours with a 4 day work week option.
- Distributed work model.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage.
- 401(k) with a generous match.
- Strong support for continuing education company-wide and on an individual basis.
- More than 10 years of experience in the practice of architecture with management experience in all phases of projects until post-occupancy.
- Chartered architect preferred but not required.
- Commercial interior experience required. Experience with core and shell / adaptive reuse / hospitality a very strong asset.
- Proficiency in Revit is required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and coordinate with project team members, clients, consultants and contractors.
- Thorough knowledge of local code requirements and ability to interact effectively with AHJs.
- Demonstrated ability to manage project teams to produce presentation materials for client and agency presentations.
- Supervise and lead members of the project production team and plan multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and projects and maintain progress in multiple areas simultaneously.
- Experience with InFocus project management software an asset.
- Applicants must have unlimited authorization to work in the United States.
- Covid-19 vaccination may be required.
The Blitz team works hard and we make sure to make time to have fun and keep learning. We support our industry through a variety of events and enjoy being part of the design and build community. Blitz is delighted with the attention we receive through the awards and the press, which showcases our portfolio of workplace, hospitality, biotech, retail, higher education, international and grassroots . Not to mention that our parties (virtual and in-person) are awesome.
View your application history
Back to task list…