Public Relations Specialist (Account Manager) – Pedestrian Jobs
Theory Crew is looking for a Public Relations Specialist (Account Manager or Senior Account Manager for suitable candidates) in Sydney or Melbourne to manage accounts and execute media relations for our suite of global lifestyle brands.
This role is mid-weight and would suit either a former lifestyle journalist, copywriter or agency professional who has strong media connections and can craft a creative, newsworthy pitch. interest that lands!
What does working at Theory Crew look like?
- Rapid career progression for high performers
- Large consumer facing global and local customers primarily in beauty, lifestyle, FMCG and home
- Flexible working days between home and our beautiful office in Richmond (we are also open to non-Melbourne based candidates)
- Possibility for the role to be full-time or part-time
- No crazy overtime and typical “agency hours”
- An intimate team of happy, friendly and dedicated people
- Learning and development budget for your continued growth
- Sales commission opportunities
- Excellent structure, empathetic leadership and impressive systems
- Devoted to listening to our collaborators to make our agency always better
What your role at Theory Crew will look like:
In your role as PR Account Manager (or Senior Account Manager), you will report to Theory Crew’s PR Account Manager and be responsible for developing strong PR strategies, presenting and securing a quality media coverage, as well as mentoring future account managers and coordinators.
About you: You live and breathe PR and:
- Are an avid consumer of traditional and new media, both personally and professionally – you understand what makes a strong story and how to present culturally relevant content for editorial coverage;
- Have a comprehensive contact list and relationships with key media in various disciplines; the experience of beauty and lifestyle is advantageous;
- Are a creative thinker who pushes boundaries;
- Holds an independent mind with collaborative working abilities; we want someone who can lead the mentorship load as well as report to senior management and clients; and
- You are a go-getter with a positive attitude that will contribute to our fun and enthusiastic team culture.
- Manage day-to-day client accounts independently, under the direction of the senior team and have consultative and advice-focused conversations with clients and prospects on the PR landscape.
- Develop and execute PR strategies that impact your clients, developing creative PR moments and gaining quality media coverage.
- Leverage your strong relationships with journalists and producers to secure media coverage; proactive and reactive approach to generate quality press coverage in line with the strategy.
- Develop all uneducated media materials, including but not limited to press releases, media backgrounders, custom presentations, opinion editorials.
- Build databases for every client across broadcast, print and digital media and leverage your current media contacts, as well as forming new relationships with journalists.
- Supervise account managers and coordinators so that they learn the profession of public relations; manage your team and ensure it achieves defined KPIs and quality coverage.
- Analyzing ongoing and completed campaigns on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis and managing the results and your improvement efforts.
- Strategic problem solving skills to be able to identify potential issues, troubleshoot and execute solutions that drive results.
- Collaborate with colleagues in our digital division to ensure all client campaigns are integrated.
Work closely with Theory Crew leadership team to drive business development as needed.
- 3+ years in agency or journalism, minimum 1+ year as an account manager
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- An overflowing contact list and excellent relationships with major media outlets
- Strong writing, proofreading and grammar skills and ability to interact with target audiences
- Understanding of influencer marketing welcomed, but not a primary focus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- A results-oriented mindset committed to achieving results
- A proven experience that you can share with us
- Passion and creativity with a positive attitude, ready to jump in and get the job done!
About Theory Crew:
Theory Crew is a modern PR agency providing expert PR, influencer marketing, social media, digital and content marketing solutions for innovative lifestyle brands. Our team is small and our customers are global. We work across all lifestyle sectors, including technology, consumer packaged goods, health and wellness, food, beauty and more. Our customers include INIKA Organics, sito shades, Bae Juice, Skin Physics, iRobot, Spacetalk, Synergie Skin, Crumpler, SKYN condoms, Tilda, St Dalfour, Robert Gordon, Higher Living tea and many more.
Our services span public relations, influencer marketing, social media, digital marketing, payments, content creation and more!
Send an application letter and your CV demonstrating your response to the main ATT requirements: Isabella Donato, Account Manager, [email protected]
Applications close on Wednesday, February 23, 2022.