The Netherlands offers work visas to foreigners and companies are hiring

Foreign citizens who want to work in The Netherlands have a plethora of opportunities but must meet certain requirements.

Workers outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland generally need a permit to work in the Netherlands. Permissions come in two forms: a tewerkstellingsvergunning (work permit) and a gecombineerde vergunning voor verblijf en arbeid (GVVA) which results in a combined residence and work permit.

Non-EEA and non-Swiss nationals traveling to the Netherlands to work for more than three months must apply for a GVVA.

They can only do this if their employer has issued the TWV on their behalf. Work permits will not be issued by the Employment Insurance Agency unless strict restrictions have been observed. For example, an employer must be able to demonstrate that they are unable to find a qualified candidate within the EU. Special categories of workers are subject to less stringent requirements.

When a company or temporary agency hires a worker of foreign nationality, the company or temporary agency must request a TWV and submit a copy of the worker’s identity document, together with the authorization, to the hiring company. Before starting employment, the employing company compares the duplicate to the worker’s original identification and keeps the copy in the company’s records.

The news continues after this announcement

As with most work permits, skilled migrants (i.e. those who are highly educated and can contribute to the knowledge-based economy in the Netherlands) have a good chance of obtaining a permit. working and being employed.

Depending on how long the foreign national will be employable in the Netherlands, one of two permits may be required. Foreign employees apply for a GVVA for themselves while employers only apply for a TWV.

The news continues after this announcement

Conditions for work permits: An employer can only employ a person from outside the EEA and Switzerland in the following cases:

  • The employer cannot find a suitable candidate from an EEA country or Switzerland;
  • The vacancy has been open for at least five weeks or three months and is difficult to fill. The UWV decides whether a vacancy is difficult to fill.
  • The employer has made every effort to find a worker from the Netherlands, the EEA or Switzerland.

Less stringent requirements: Although some groups of foreign workers require a GVVA or TWV, the application requirements may be less stringent for others. Persons covered by this rule include:

  • Students who combine their studies with a job of up to 16 hours per week;
  • interns;
  • Interns (on-the-job learning);
  • Artists whose income is above a threshold amount;
  • Asylum seekers who work up to 24 weeks out of 52 weeks;
  • Spiritual leaders, such as ministers, imams and clerics;
  • Nuns, monks or missionaries

You can find out more about these and other categories of foreign workers on the UWV and IND websites.

Some Dutch Multinationals: Global companies such as KPMG, Phillips, Heineken, Unilever, KLM, ING, Elsevier and others were not only founded by Dutch people but are also headquartered in the Netherlands.

However, it is worth checking their website for vacancies that can provide work permits. Find some of them here:

About the Netherlands: The Netherlands, also known as Holland, is a country in northwestern Europe, with Amsterdam as its capital. The country is known for having the largest port in Europe, a competitive business climate and a well-educated workforce. The country is also famous for its flat landscape of canals, tulip fields, windmills and cycle paths which tourists find attractive.

The official language is Dutch and the country has a population of 17.5 million in 2022. Many find the local business culture very flexible and innovative.

Source link

Comments are closed.