Yext Expands Public Sector Efforts with New AI Research Solutions and Team Hires
Recent mandates like the 21st Century Integrated Digital Experience Act (IDEA) have forced government agencies to improve the customer experience on their websites. A recent Yext * study of consumer interactions with government agencies online supports these investments: When a government agency offers a great overall experience on its website, voters are more likely to seek official information or advice from agency in the future (54%), speak well about the agency (42%) and follow agency guidelines (36%).
“The signing of the 21st Century IDEA underscored the public sector’s need to improve digital experiences,” said Laurie “LC” Cook, Vice President of Public Sector at Yext. “Now more than ever, government agencies are looking for technology that will get them up and running quickly and easily to serve voters more effectively online. Our growing team is excited to show them the potential they can unleash with the powerful set. of Yext’s public sector AI search solutions, a one-stop shop for all their CX needs. “
Yext’s public sector solutions integrate the same powerful Answers AI search technology into COVID-19 information centers that the company implemented for the World Health Organization (WHO), US Department of State, and the states of New Jersey and Alabama earlier in the pandemic. The solution set includes:
- Self-service portal: Generally speaking, when people have questions or customer service issues related to a civil or government topic, they prefer to find information on their own (78%) * – and with Yext Assistance responses self-service portal, they can. This AI-powered control center supports a one-click experience that allows voters to self-serve with direct answers to their customer service questions.
- Site search: If people cannot find information on their own when searching a government agency’s website, they usually choose another channel that is more labor-intensive or more expensive (48%) *, such as calling or sending an email to the agency’s customer service. Agencies can bypass unnecessary support costs and allow voters to find the information they are looking for on their website with Yext’s Marketing responses site search solution, which applies the most advanced natural language processing (NLP) to understand and answer questions with own FAQs, guides, videos, ebooks, etc. of an agency.
- Reputation management: Constituent Reviews are one of the best benchmarks for government agencies to assess progress in improving their digital customer experience. With Yext’s reputation management solution, agencies can optimize their online reputation by monitoring, responding and generating reviews across all platforms from a centralized location.
- SEO : A majority of people (57%) * prefer search engines like Google or Bing when looking for information to help them understand or solve civil or government issues, making it all the more critical for agencies government to ensure that their information appears on third party sites (and accurately). Yext’s SEO-optimized FAQ pages are designed to appear in search results, allowing agencies to expand their customer experience and answer constituents’ questions before they even reach their website.
While expanding its product offering for the public sector, Yext also expanded its public sector sales organization under the leadership of Laurie “LC” Cook, the company’s vice president of public sector. Cook’s team now includes the following new hires:
- Geoffroy Glaser as Senior Director of Federal, State and Local Government and Education (SLED) and Health
- Vernon Aldershoff as Senior Director of Public Sector Sales
- Christine’s Day as public sector sales manager
- David Hernandez as director of federal sales
* Yext study: Yext surveyed over 1,000 consumers of all genders and ages (18+) in United States.
Yext (NYSE: YEXT) is the AI research company with a mission to transform business with AI research.
With the explosion of information and data online, research has never been more important. However, while the world of consumer research has innovated over time, business research has not. In fact, the majority of business research is powered by outdated keyword research technology that only searches for keywords and provides a list of hyperlinks rather than actually answering questions.
Yext, AI Search Company, offers a modern, AI-powered answers platform that understands natural language so that when people ask questions about a business online, they get direct answers, not links. .
Brands like Verizon, Vanguard, Subway, and Marriott, along with organizations like the US State Department and the World Health Organization, trust Yext to dramatically improve their business through AI-powered research.
CONTACT: Amanda Kontor, [email protected]
SOURCE Yext, Inc.